School lunches allow some food insecure children to eat during the day. However, when school is out for the summer, federal and state-sponsored programs give these children access to meals.
Governer Brian Kemp rejects federal summer food plan
Brennan FrittsMay 24, 2024

Governor Brian Kemp declined Georgia's participation in the federally-sponsored Summer Food Service Program in favor of state-sponsored plans,...

Varsity volleyball team welcomes freshmen, grows closer

At the start of the 2015 school year, the Grady Knights varsity volleyball team welcomed two freshmen, Renee King and Katie Wood.

“The upperclassmen have been very supportive and encouraging,” King said. “They treat us freshmen like everyone else on the team, which is in the best way possible.”

This is King’s 3rd year playing volleyball. She played club for the first time this past season, for the Atlanta Boom volleyball league. King noted that being on the varsity team has been great so far, and that varsity is almost at the same level as club in terms of the challenge it presents.

King feels great about her performance on the court thus far, stating that having a team that believes in you certainly makes a difference.

“Throughout the season, I hope to gain more confidence on the court, specifically for playing front row,” King said.

Currently, the varsity team has a record of 4-4. King has noticed the differences from the beginning of the season to now, as well as the progress that the team has made.

“I think that now that we have played a few games, we have merged together as one family,” King said. “Everyone is giving all of their strengths and skills to be used.”

King is excited for what the rest of the season holds for the varsity volleyball team, and she believes that if they work on their weak areas, then they will see a lot of success in the future. Overall, King thinks that the whole team just needs to work on trust.

The varsity and JV volleyball teams will take on Paideia on Thursday, Sept. 3 at 5 p.m. in Grady’s gym.