Atlanta Public Schools plans to focus on chronic absenteeism, missing any school, instead of truancy, unexcused absences. This takes the focus off of the legal process and onto the academic impact.
Georgia school districts deal with spiking chronic absenteeism
Brennan FrittsMay 16, 2024

Chronic absenteeism, a condition where a student misses 10% or more of a school year, has spiked in Georgia since COVID-19. Pre-COVID, Atlanta...

Zyan Robinson, Sophomore

Presley Linds
Zyan Robinson eats lunch in the courtyard.

Sophomore Zyan Robinson loves to draw art in her free time. Ever since her friend encouraged Robinson to join an art club in 4th grade, it’s been one of her favorite pastimes.

“I really like to draw, in my room I have a bunch of collages on my walls of drawings that I’ve done before, I like to take them all and put them on a big piece of paper,” Robinson said.

Even in school Robinson loves to draw and doodle in her work or on certain projects or assignments.

“Whenever I’m bored I’ll start doodling or whenever I have a project to do I always opt to do the artistic option rather than a more physical option like instead of recording a video I create a poster,” Robinson said.