As part of a land swap deal with the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, a new Public Storage building is being constructed on Monroe Drive near the Eastside BeltLine Trail entrance, a street away from Midtown, with its previous location on Piedmont Avenue.
New storage center set for development on BeltLine
Aerin JonesApril 13, 2024

As part of a land swap deal with the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, a new Public Storage building is being constructed on Monroe Drive near the Eastside...

Kevin Xander, Teacher

Julia Diener
Teacher Kevin Xander gets his Algebra class ready for their upcoming exam.

Advanced Algebra Teacher, Kevin Xander, is a new staff member at Midtown and this is his first year teaching.

“I graduated from Penn State, then I did a year of subbing, and then I am here teaching at Midtown for my first year,” Xander said.

Xander’s first job was as an amateur tennis coach for elementary level children. He found his passion for teaching when he helped one of his students learn a new skill; since then he has been inspired to continue doing what he loves.

“There was a kid who was really struggling at hitting a backhand, and then I taught him how to do it and his eyes just lit up and he got super excited,” Xander said. “Right then and there I was thinking I might be good at teaching, so I ran with it and here we are.”