The Boards target for 2023-2024 was 32.5% of schools needing Tier 2 or Tier 3 support. They have exceeded this goal with 29.2% of schools reported needing the support.
School board focuses on innovation growth in district
Penelope Keenan February 29, 2024

The Atlanta Board of Education reviewed Guardrail 4, which is focused on innovation and accountability in the district, by examining the progress...

Carter Steiding, sophomore

Steiding+stretches+with+the+team+in+the+gym+before+cross+country+practice.+
Sierra Pape
Steiding stretches with the team in the gym before cross country practice.

Carter Steiding has been doing sports, including soccer and swimming, his entire life but was inspired freshman year to begin running for the Midtown cross country team.

“My favorite thing to do outside of school is definitely cross country,” Steiding said. “I love running and the team is super fun to spend the afternoon with.”

As his first year of cross country, Steiding got inspired to continue cross country for the rest of his high school career.

“My favorite memory from last year is story time with a senior named Devon,” Steiding said. “I really enjoyed last year and am excited for this year.”