William Mohney, teacher

Mr.+Mohney+allows+his+students+move+freely+around+the+classroom+and+hallways+to+create+a+good+instructive+environment.+Here+he+comments+and+helps+students+working+on+individual+assignments+right+outside+his+classroom+door.+

Mr. Mohney allows his students move freely around the classroom and hallways to create a good instructive environment. Here he comments and helps students working on individual assignments right outside his classroom door.

Sierra Pape

William Mohney has enjoyed teaching for over six years now, and finds the root of his passion for it in a broader pursuit in life. Currently, he teaches AP World History and On-level History for mostly sophomores.

“I love helping people; this is a great outlet to channel that. I have a lot of cousins that are in high school right now and I really like to see how they are doing, which makes me more passionate about teaching.”

He received his undergraduate degree at Auburn University and later graduate teaching degree at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Here is where his interest sparked.

“In college, I was a tutor in the athletic department for student athletes in college and realized I actually loved it. To then help solidify it, I worked in sales for a year, and realized teaching was really what I wanted to do.”