Cynthia Briscoe Brown

Alannah Edwards

Cynthia Briscoe Brown represents At-Large Seat 8 for the Atlanta Public Schools Board of Education and is running for re-election this November. Since 2013, she has served in this position and uses her twenty-seven years of experience as an attorney to help students, teachers and families across the city. Brown’s platform encourages a caring culture of equity, trust and collaboration to ensure that every student will graduate and be ready for college.

Curriculum

• Is in favor of dual language immersion programs, professional development for teachers concerning differentiated instruction and providing virtual AP classes for schools who may not have access to AP teachers. 

Social Equity 

• Will allocate funding to students and schools in need of additional support, enforce an “Equity Policy” which allows administrators to aid to student’s specific needs and will encourage training on unconscious bias for administrators. 

COVID-19

• Expand mental health wellness opportunities for students, will search for partnerships to help fund COVID-19 vaccines, tests, and general liabilities and wants to embrace virtual learning to improve educational outcomes. 

Community Engagement 

• Will aim to improve communication between representatives, administrators and the community.