C day inspires new schedule

Francesca Ruhe

The new schedule is widely loved by both the student body and faculty.

In the beginning of the second semester, a momentous change in the school will occur. The Grady faculty has decided to implement a semester-long rotating schedule that will take into account the new C day and renovations taking place with the Instructional Suites, with a funky new twist.
“The administration feels like everyday life here doesn’t stimulate our students enough,” said Assistant Principal, Dr. Columbo. “Studies show that overcoming obstacles at this young age will set them up to be innovative, and what’s a better obstacle than having your everyday life be a bit confusing? This will be tremendously beneficial to everyone involved.”
In the new schedule, classes will rotate and be different lengths every day, transition times limited to forty-five seconds, and certain classes will be held on the front lawn, now known as L100. Some teachers are to switch classrooms on C400. This semester C days have been the unpredictable strange day, but next semester they will be the only constant.
“Oh yeah, we’re keeping C day,” said Columbo. “That was the inspiration for the schedule. Everyone loves it.”
This questionable decision has surprisingly been met with enthusiasm from the student body. In a schoolwide poll of 1000 people, 999 said they were “enthusiastic” “pleased” “not at all furious with the administration for this unexpected change halfway through the year.”
Teachers are handling the news well. No complaints have been heard from it, most see it as an opportunity to give their students a chance to be creative and make it work for them, with an interesting new backdrop.
“It will be an interesting year,” said Jared Latham, an art and tech theater teacher. “The schedule kicked my tech classes out of the scene shop to be on the front lawn in January, so… Not sure how we’ll build sets out of grass, but we’ll make it work.”
The best feedback has come from the change in class times, though. Everyone seems delighted to puzzle out their daily schedule to spend hours, or minutes, in various classes.
“I’m really glad. I actually felt like my kids had too much time in class, too regularly,” said math teacher Clarissa Tucker, “This will give me the perfect times I need, where one day we can study really hard for four hours and then the next day, catch up for fifteen minutes.”
The decision to make the change was made at an APS meeting in Athens, GA during a snowstorm two years ago. Half of the board was present, and no one else. Apparently, this was not the only plan concocted at that fateful meeting.
“We’ve got some more plans for you guys,” said Columbo. “Advisement might be making a comeback, too. Just you wait!”