Zephy Schroeder, Senior Class President

May 23, 2022

Courtesy of Zephy Schroeder

SENIOR LEADER: Zephy Schroeder served as the senior class president for Midtown’s Class of 2022.

Senior Zephy Schroeder has served as the Student Government Association (SGA) Class President for the Class of 2022, and will be attending the University of Georgia as a finance major.

“I definitely really enjoyed my time in high school,” Schroeder said. “I think Covid definitely made it a different time than other people had, but I also think Covid made me appreciate coming back senior year even more.”

Schroeder has enjoyed her role in ensuring that school traditions weren’t lost, due to Covid-19.

“Coming back our senior year, a lot of the [freshmen and sophomores] had never set foot in the school; so, a lot of the crowns [and other] senior traditions have been lost,” Schroeder said. “I think our senior class was really cool in being able to do all of those things and making Midtown what it used to be. We were trying to make up for lost time.” 

As president of SGA, Schroeder is proud of organizing events such as Fall Festival and homecoming week, despite not having a traditional varsity football team to rally around.  She said her advice to her freshman self would be to take advantage of spending time with friends in classes. 

“Those school friends that you don’t really see outside of school – you’re only going to see them for four years; so, talk to them,” Schroeder said. “Make the most out of it.” 

Schroeder said the time she spends with her friends in the morning is her favorite memory from high school. 

“Hanging out with my friends in the parking lot… is such a good time to chit chat and catch up,” Schroeder said. “It’s just those little times.”