Manuel is a candidate for Atlanta City Council President. He is an industrial worker who is a part of the United Steel Workers union. He is a labor activist and a member of the Socialist Workers Party, but the race for city council president is nonpartisan.
- Wants to focus on the working class and plans to fight for workers wages and conditions
- Will focus on what he calls “the crime committed on the working class” which is them not being paid anywhere close to what they deserve
- Passionate about equity in the workforce
- Plans to fight for women’s access to family planning services
- Prioritizes affordable housing
- Supports improving the cost of living for all citizens
- Wants to improve the conditions of the workplace